Saturday 26 July 2008

We all need to get out more...

It seems that we all might need to get out more (and that includes advertising whiz kids).

At http://www.howdoyoulikeyourvegemite.com.au/ we are logging on to tell the world just how we like to spread our Vegemite.

There must be something about this humble yeast spread that taps into our lyrical selves.

Here is an Ode to Vegemite, A Tribute to Keats [1] courtesy of Sydney Poetry Blog and Becca Callaway.

O! Vegemite.
That molten onyx,
Oozing over the rough
Crumbling toast.
As my stainèd teeth
Rip into your skin,
As my blackened tongue
Pierces your sticky centre.O! Vegemite.
Oh, oh Vegemite.
As peristalsis
Takes its tangy toll.
As you slither down my oesophagus,
Whole.
O! Vegemite.
O! Sweet choking Vegemite.
Soothe the acids of my gut.
Writhe inside my big fat pot.
O! Vegemite
O! Vegemite.

Ode to Vegemite [2] here

No comments: