Saturday 9 August 2008

Dear Google........

Dear Google,

I've had a peek at your Street View program on Google Maps and I'm not impressed that my residence comes up in a simple search, with a photograph of the full property frontage.

I am especially not impressed because the instructions on how to apply to have this image removed don't seem to help, because it doesn't present like this.
It comes up as a smaller fish-eye photo [cbk.jpg] without a Street View Help link in any way attached.
Ergo, no facility to have the image removed.

I might live in a NSW Northern Rivers street where the biggest thing to disturb the peace is usually the weekly garbage collection; however, this is not always the case and a private residence in my street has been subject to politically motivated ******** ***** **** *** **** ****** [redacted for privacy reasons].

I haven't spoken to anyone yet who appreciates pictures of their homes being copyrighted and given international distribution.

Now seriously thinking about pulling your adverts from this blog.

Yours in disgust,

clarencegirl

UPDATE: Google has now removed the photograph [10.08.08]

No comments: