Wednesday 12 November 2008

Which Bank's money boxes really paid off!

Every time I enter a branch of Which Bank? I can recall being a nipper (with Mum in tow) going in to collect my first bank building tin money box.
By the looks of it enough adults remember that same experience for this bank to have apparently cornered the market on kids savings.
Now I'm wondering just how many dollars that mounts up to nationally, because weekly pocket money is now way beyond the trays, zacs and bobs of my younger years.
Odds on there'd be some tots who are now more solvent than their investment banker dad.

Roy Morgan Research Young Australians Survey:

Bank where account held

Commonwealth Bank 60%
St. George 4%
Suncorp Metway 1%
Westpac 6%
National Australia Bank 3%
ING 0%
Bank of SA 2%
Adelaide Bank 0%
BankWest 2%
Citibank 0%
Challenge Bank 1%
Bendigo Bank 3%
Some other bank 4%
Credit union 8%
ANZ Bank 6%
Sample data – the child 6 to 13 years

No comments: