Monday 29 December 2008

Ooops! Kev's running late with more than his Chrissie present buying.........


At the official Prime Minister of Australia website something strange is going on.

I can find press releases for December 2008 at its media centre for the days leading up to Christmas:
24 Dec
22 Dec
21 Dec
20 Dec
19 Dec

But where is Rudder's 2008 christmas message to the peasants citizens?
All I can find is his message for 2007.
I suppose that as most of his message is the usual generic pap, and he also visited our troops in Afghnaistan in December 2007, his staff decided that they couldn't be bothered to update the sentiments with a newer entry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pickup (I thought I'd found his 2008 one when I only found the 2007).

Can't people grovel through Hansard 2008-12-04 and find the one para Xmassy bit from Rudd (and get Turnbull's as a bonus)?

Petering Time said...

No, Rudders' Chrissie bit on the floor of the House didn't count, as he had done the full monty the year before.
I suspect that he wants to forget that past attempt to ape Howard and Her Maj.
The gales of laughter must have been loud enough to reach his ears then - before self-importance began to muffle sound.

Anonymous said...

I meant "Can't people grovel..." to be facetious, along the lines of "Let them eat brioche/cake".

Petering Time said...

Sorry, Dave.
I'm still too full of pud and brandy sauce and it's obviously affecting my irony register!