Friday 30 October 2009

It's raining, it's pouring, the old Roo is......


Marge the rain’s here!!!

After months of no rain, dust storms and paddocks slowly browning, the first rain we have results in a flood warning.
A day moving the pump from the river and moving stock to higher ground under much protest from the cows.
I did agree with them; the rain had just washed the dust off the grass and the best grass was down on the flat where the flood waters if they come will cover.
Had to be done though given the time difference of flood peaks means the water should begin swirling in at about 2am in the morning.
Not a good time to be moving cows, they are like me - don’t like being woken up that early in the morning.

One good piece of news is the frogs that had been waiting out the dry in my shower recess have moved back outside.
For the first time in months I've had a shower without them muscling in.
These frogs were very particular about the temperature, not too hot.
The chill of the water was what they like best, I like it a bit hotter than that.
If it got too hot the frogs would jump all over the place, and that place usually was me.
Believe me a frog landing on your privates is not something you would like repeated.

No comments: