Monday 11 March 2013

Clarence Valley Mayor Richie Williamson gets a slap down for 'defeatism'

 

Letter to the Editor, The Daily Examiner 5 March 2013:

Stronger stuff

For the past two Sundays, I have listened to ABC News Radio and I have heard two very different mayoral reactions to multiple flooding events in their respective council areas.

The first was our own Mr Williamson who told the nation, before we had even seen the peak, that The Clarence Valley was "on its knees".

The second, whose name escaped me, has responsibility for Dalby and its surrounds. He said that while Mother Nature was giving it to them, his people "just kept coming back with more".

I appreciate that you were angling for federal and state flood funding for our Valley Mr Williamson but, personally, I believe the Clarence Valley will only be on its knees after the rest of Australia is on its face, dead.

DI Gilks

No comments: