Saturday 25 May 2019

Quotes of the Week



“Donald Trump has traits of a dictator and after he managed to get out of the Mueller investigation, he turned on the heat and is becoming more and more dismissive of the basic measures of democracy such as free press and the rule of law. I cannot really believe that I am writing these words in reference to America, as from where I came from, America seemed to be the only place where free press and the rule of law mattered. Donald Trump is attacking the blood vessels of democracy and it’s really hard to watch what he is doing to this country…” [Journalist Ksenija Pavlovic, The Pavlovic Today, 23 May 2019] 

“I have always believed in miracles! I'm standing with the three biggest miracles in my life here tonight  - and tonight we've been delivered another one…..God bless Australia!”  [Prime Minister & Liberal MP for Cook Scott ‘Liar From The Shire’ Morrison in his victory speech after his government won re-election, 18 May 2019]

No comments: