Wednesday 12 December 2007

"Moggy Musings" (Archived material from Boy the Wonder Cat)

Hi! My name is Boy. I'm a male bi-coloured tabby cat.
Ever since I discovered that Malcolm Turnbull's dogs were allowed to blog, I have been pestering clarencegirl to allow me a small space on North Coast Voices.
My first musing:
John Howard doesn't seem to have a companion animal in his household. No dog, no cat, no budgie - hmm.
Does he secretly give houseroom to a goldfish?
Idle musing:
Caught sight of Alexander Downer on the North Coast and all I could think of was his fishnet stockings. Just wanted to rub against those shapely legs.
Do you think this is just a cat thing?
Indignant musing:
Worst political insult on the Net, "Your cat votes Liberal! He told me."
I was most insulted until clarencgirl assured me that they were probably talking about Bored Cat over at Larvatus Prodeo.
Sympathetic musing:
I hear that Brendan Nelson's dogs Lucy and Snif are belly-to-the-ground with embarrassment after their Minister for Expensive Toys was criticised on the same day by both Media Watch for being gullible and Four Corners for being a prize dill. I say that these terriers are not responsible for their human.
Horrified musing:
I was shocked to find a FaceBook entry which said: "So many cats, so few recipes". Felines of the world unite against sick jokes!
Puzzled musing:
A neighbour cat told me that a dog she knew, who was told by a pooch who knew a mutt, said that a Nationals candidate on the North Coast was going to the November 24 election one step ahead of a scandal. Why am I the last to know?
Amused musing:
I just checked my moggy emails and found a bundle telling me that I had won the lottery in a number of countries. To the senders I say - I'm a cat, you ninnies. I may be able to click a mouse, but I walk on all fours and don't have a surname much less a bank account. Dogs may worry about bank balances or the state of their share portfolios, cats definitely do not!
To Rex the Alsatian - thanks for the inquisitive email.
Proud musing:
Charlie Slim, a 3 year-old Border Collie from Grafton won the Australian Working Dog Championships last week. Front paws all over the Clarence Valley pounded the ground in appreciation of this young dog's fine performance.
Concerned musing:
Kevin Rudd told Rove that the cat and dog attend family conferences at his house. Abby and Jasper - now's your chance to strike a blow for other pets' welfare. Tell Kevin that many pensioners who have dogs, cats or birds to keep isolation and loneliness at bay often have to do without in order to feed their companions or take them to the vet.
Troubled musing:
I'm definitely a very troubled puss. Pensioners have been emailing me about the cost of feeding their animals. A thankyou to J. for pointing out that finding landlords who will allow pets is also a problem for some on the North Coast.
Election Day Weather Warning for all dogs, cats, tweeties, ferrets, and other family pets:
Storm clouds, violent winds and electric atmospherics are expected in the vicinity of your humans tomorrow.
Strongly advise you to grab that squeaky toy, slipper, bone or blanket and hide under the bed until this weather passes.
Skies expected to clear by Sunday.

Email: catlives9@hotmail.com
 

No comments: