Monday 1 December 2008

Stephen Conroy's lackeys crack a funny

If we ever needed proof that the Dept of Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy had become infected with its minister's mania, the following quote supplies it:
"ISPs will be recognised for their participation in the Pilot. This recognition will strengthen their brand image with the community."
Really?
Excuse me while I roll about laffing.
All I know is that iNet has said that it wants take part in the trial. Presumably to get its hands on free filtering hardware/software and so keep its commercial options open, although it's presenting this wimp-out as a public service
So there will be a large blue moon over Bourke before I sign up to iNet.
Nor will I be knocking on the Optus door because they are also said to be lining up for the trail.
As for Telstra - didn't it assist DBCDE in setting up that 'play' pilot in Tassie?

No comments: