Saturday 17 November 2012

Tony Abbott gets laughed off the political stage

 
Australian Leader of the Opposition Tony Abbott has finally become a genuine political joke.
 
Brisbane Times 15 November 2012:
 
 
This caused quite a few Australians to laugh at him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
@Utopiana and and @Ebswearspink appear to have kicked off a Twitter hashtag #itriedtobeauthenticbut.
@Utopiana is Celeste Liddle from Melbourne who describes herself as a black feminist.
@Ebswearspink is believed to be a young indigenous lawyer who came from the Byron Bay area.
 
Here is a sample:
 
#itriedtobeauthenticbut when someone asked me who my mob was I promptly denied having links to Italian gangsters
 
#Itriedtobeauthenticbut... someone yelled "Which way?" and I pulled out a GPS
 Retweeted by Ebs
 
#itriedtobeauthenticbut but I've thrown more parties than boomerangs!
 Retweeted by Ebs
#Itriedtobeauthenticbut my certificate of Aboriginality doesn't have Authentic Indigenous artefact written on it.
 Retweeted by Ebs
 
#itriedtobeauthenticbut a cab driver said I looked Italian and my English was too good.
 Retweeted by Ebs
 
#Itriedtobeauthenticbut every year at Corroboree I just end up line-dancing by myself in a corner somewhere singing "Achy-Breaky heart"...
 Retweeted 72 times 

No comments: