Thursday 15 November 2007

Where were you Chris? Local takes Nationals candidate for Page to task

A letter to the editor in The Daily Examiner today taking the Nationals candidate for Page to task.
 
"Political poser
I HAVE lived in the Clarence Valley for the past 20 years.
 What I would like to know Chris (Gulaptis) is just what have you done for this community during these years? Apart from a stint as a councillor, I can't recall anything that brings you to mind.
 I do recall when I, on my own, tried to obtain an ambulance for Yamba and asked you to support my efforts at a meeting with the local Lions Club.
 You did turn up, but told me that I would not get it. Much later when Mr. Jim Agnew asked me to help in obtaining same, it was Terry Flanagan, a Labor man, that was our great support. Without him we would have struggled.
 So much for your interest in local health interests.
JUNE MASCORD
Wooloweyah"

No comments: